Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Planer Cart - The Cart-Part

I was able to make pretty good progress this weekend. The basic cart is complete (save a few bits of sanding) and turned-out as expected, for the most part.

Here is the final cart-part. Everything has been glued and screwed including the addition of the side stiffeners. These were the last pieces I installed and I have to say, they add A LOT of rigidity to the cart. They were pocket-screwed to the bottom rail and glued to the side panels (using the rabbets I cut earlier).

So there it sits, looking like it needs a top. I have all of the hardware for the flip action but I need to get into the shed and dig out some plywood for the top. I didn't make it down there before dark so it'll have to the wait until tomorrow....stay tuned.

No comments: